Cork Passage Railway Greenway Improvement Scheme
Week starting: 18.10.2021
Works Location: Blackrock Station to the eastern Mater Hospital Ramp.
Approx. 4 months for this section of works
TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT FOR WORKS
To carry out the works safely this section of the greenway will have to be fully closed for the duration of the works.
The closure in place will be from Blackrock Station to the eastern Mater Hospital ramp. Access from the Mater ramp to the N40 flyover will be in place.
Diversions to be in place:
From Rochestown to Blackrock Bridge.
Exit Greenway at the eastern Mater Hospital ramp.
Proceed up R852 to Skehard Road
From Skehard Road proceed to Church Road
Proceed from Church Road to Blackrock Road
Enter back onto Greenway at Blackrock Bridge.
From Pairc Ui Chaoimh to Rochestown
Exit Greenway at Blackrock Bridge
Enter back onto Greenway at eastern Mater Hospital ramp.
Construction of 2 new greenway access ramps
Adjustment of 1 current access ramp
Week starting: 18.10. 2021
Works Location: Ballinasheen Bridge
Planned works: Closure of Ballinashee Bridge
Start Date: 11th October 2021
Duration: It is planned that the closure on the bridge will be required for 2 months.
Traffic Management planned for the planned days and works:
Section of Works and Planned TM:
A local diversion via Skehard Road and Blackrock Avenue will be in place.
The Passage Railway Greenway Improvement Scheme is located to the east of the Cork City Council jurisdiction. The existing greenway, which as part of this scheme is proposed to be widened, provides an off-road link for pedestrians/cyclists to connect from Marina Road at the northern end of the scheme to the end of the current City boundary where the existing greenway crosses over the N40 via an overbridge.
The following modifications to the existing greenway are proposed:
• The widening of the existing surfaced area from 3m to 5m over the entire length of the existing greenway from Páirc Uí Chaoimh to Mahon.
• Create an Environmental ‘living’ corridor which will support pollinator populations, increase biodiversity and optimise the benefits for flora and fauna along the route.
• The construction of a new access ramp from the greenway to the Marina.
• Improved access from the Blackrock Road by reinstating the footbridge utilising the existing historic abutments, access ramp and disused railway platforms.
• The creation of a new access point at Eden Access by constructing a new access ramp and refurbishing the existing stone arch overbridge.
• Upgrading both access ramps from the Skehard Road.
• The installation of new public lighting along the full extent of the greenway.
• The installation of CCTV over the full extent of the greenway.
Click Here for a detailed map.
We, the project team are committed to carrying out these works in an efficient and customer orientated manner with the least inconvenience to you.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your co-operation and if you require any further information on this, please do not hesitate to contact:
Project supervision team email:
Community Liaison Officer number:
086 144 9548
Site compound address:
Blackrock Avenue, Blackrock, Cork.
To apply for employment opportunities with Ward and Burke Construction Ltd, please send a cover letter together with your CV to: email@example.com